Playing today ... General Systems Vehicle

Created in 2004-2005, "General Systems Vehicle" is part of an album that split off from the Fragment King vector at the time and shows how the project would have developed if I hadn't reinforced the industrial and metal influences and, instead, continued with the electronic and/or electro recordings. The name of the track is, of course, inspired by the GSVs described in the Culture novels by Science Fiction author Iain M. Banks. I had read plenty of SF as a teen and in my early 20s, until I began producing music with computers, samplers and synthesizers. In the mid-zeros I encountered the Culture novels in an international bookstore and immediately became a fan. The grand panorama of his space opera complete with exotic characters was exactly what I needed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRITICAL VOID Maximiliansforum Z'EV + Fragment King

LIVE AT A2 20TH ANNIVERSARY

FRAGMENT KING 25TH ANNIVERSARY