An AVALANCHE Guest Post

Around the turn of the Millennium, a call had been issued for submissions to a Godflesh Tribute project, likely on the Avalanche message board. Back in the early zeros the place to find information online on Godflesh and Justin K. Broadrick's other projects were either Godflesh.com or the Avalanche message board, named after JKB's own label, Avalanche Recordings, likely referring to Godflesh's "Avalanche Master Song". 

Since the Godflesh inspiration became increasingly tangible in my recordings for Fragment King from 2002 onward, I took the chance to submit a cover version of "If I Could Only Be What You Want" that included vocals by Leech (a.k.a. Lee Bartow of NTT, Theologian and the Annihilvs label). The "Godflesh Tribute" compilation was released as a double CDR with printed cover in 2004. 

By then the original Godflesh had disbanded, JKB's new project Jesu emerged, while my own recordings incorporated the inspiration that early GF gave so generously. And that was that, case closed.

Years, even decades passed and the message board reappeared on Facebook. Eventually becoming a member of the Avalanche group on Facebook and posting things occasionally (on bands that use drum machines and Godflesh memorabilia, for instance) I decided to post something on this tribute compilation and my own involvement:

"Some of you might remember this very underground Godflesh Tribute compilation created in the early zeros. And yes, this is a "I've been inspired by JKB and recorded stuff, too"-post. And no, I don't expect group members to be obliged to like any of the recordings that particular inspiration led me to create. However, there is a chance some might, hence it may be worthwhile to come ouf of this particular closet. And just so, I'm adding three links in the comments – my contribution to the Godflesh Tribute compilation and two representative additional songs, streamable at will and as required. All of this intended in a most-non-spammy and non-commercial manner. Bear with me and enjoy"

The post was acknowledged and liked and other tribute contributors posted their tracks as well. Here are the three FK tracks added to the comment section of the original Facebook post:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRITICAL VOID Maximiliansforum Z'EV + Fragment King

LIVE AT A2 20TH ANNIVERSARY

FRAGMENT KING 25TH ANNIVERSARY